We encourage you to read this Policy before using this website(s) and providing your personal data to us. FPA INDIA knows that you care about how your information is used and shared and believe in protecting your privacy and the confidentiality of your Personal Information. Your use of our websites signifies that you understand and agree with all practices and terms of this Policy.
What Information Does FPA INDIA Collect?
FPA INDIA collects data from members and customers with the intention of providing the best level of service. It is our overall policy to collect only personally identifiable information that you knowingly provide. The types of personal information we collect may include your name, postal address, email address, phone number, gender, date of birth, education and employment information, and professional designations achieved. We may collect additional personal information from you on occasion as needs arise. Any personal data you provide will enable us to keep you informed, process your requests, or offer services to you with respect to our programs, products, and services.
FPA INDIA always strives to use in-house and/or standard marketing analytic tools within our platforms to better serve our customers. We may collect non-personally identifiable information (i.e., information of an anonymous nature) such as device type, browser type, operating system, page views, usage, and similar data from your visits to our websites.
When a visitor performs a search within our websites, FPA INDIA may record information identifying the visitor or linking the visitor to the search performed. We may also record limited information associated with every search request made by a visitor. That information is used to, among other things, solve technical problems with the service and to calculate overall usage statistics.
How Does FPA INDIA Use My Data?
FPA INDIA uses information voluntarily submitted by members and customers in the following ways:
- To provide you with programs, products, services, or information you have requested from FPA INDIA
- To develop new and improved services by analyzing demographic or usage trends and by measuring demographics and interests regarding specific areas of FPA INDIA (including the website)
- To communicate with you about your FPA INDIA account
- To process payments, including membership dues, registration and exam fees, subscriptions, voluntary contributions, and products and services. FPA INDIA is compliant with the data security standards of the payment card industry (PCI-DSS compliant)
- To administer our certification programs, examination scheduling, and registration processes with our partner exam providers
- To manage your participation in FPA INDIA governance activities, such as Global and local Boards, Standing Advisory Committees, and other volunteer leadership roles
- To provide you with prompt and effective customer service
- To support the operations of FPA INDIA such as account maintenance and recordkeeping, troubleshooting problems, resolving disputes, and for internal controls and audits
- To inform you about programs, products, and services offered by FPA INDIA and/or its contracted business partners
- To provide advertisements that are consistent with FPA INDIA’s organizational purpos
- To conduct surveys for FPA INDIA or on behalf of individual members performing scholarly research
- To carry out FPA INDIA’s Ethics Compliance Policy and/or conduct investigations as required by law
- To promote networking between members
Unless a longer retention period is required by applicable laws or regulations, we will retain your information for as long as your FPA INDIA account is active, as well as for an additional period afterwards to cover any outstanding issues or queries that may arise in relation to your account. This period of retention is subject to our review and alteration.
How Does FPA INDIA Share or Disclose My Data?
FPA INDIA will not sell your personally identifiable information to anyone. FPA INDIA may disclose your personal data to third parties. Our third-party data processors are required to securely maintain your personal data, following regulations and best practices, and will use the data only as needed to support the delivery of services to you on FPA INDIA’s behalf. Further, personal data will be disclosed only to contracted third-party service providers under the following categories:
- Hosting facilities to securely store, transmit, and process your data
- Technology solution providers who assist in the development of our software platforms
- Credit card processors to securely process your payments to FPA INDIA
- Compliance authorities we utilize for legal issues, audits, and tax purposes
- Mailing houses for the fulfillment of our products and services
- Identity management providers for user access to confidential information
- Legal authorities to comply with an inquiry made regarding a subpoena, warrant, or other court order
- Advertising, marketing, and social media providers to conduct targeted advertisements related to professional development and educational opportunities
- Research providers who may conduct surveys and studies on behalf of FPA INDIA
- Reporting and analytic tools to allow data mining and monitoring
- Affiliate partners to provide special offers as a benefit to our members
- Marketing automation solutions to provide outbound email marketing services
- Third-party call centers to conduct outreach initiatives on behalf of FPA INDIA regarding our programs, products, and services
- Learning platform providers who develop, host, and store information related to Continuing Professional Education (CPE) products
- Professional certification providers for the delivery of digital badges and scheduling of FPA INDIA examinations
- Online community platform providers to allow member/customer networking benefits
- Event solution providers for the hosting and delivery of webinars and conferences, including onsite support
- Verification purposes related to credentials from FPA INDIA/ICMA.
Product and Services
Does FPA INDIA Collect Personal Data from Children?
FPA INDIA does not knowingly collect or post information from individuals under eighteen (18) years of age (“Children” or “Child”) to the extent that FPA INDIA is able to determine the age of users by their submissions to or communications with FPA INDIA.
International Data Privacy Protection
FPA INDIA’s Security Measures
The security of a customer’s personal data is important to us. FPA INDIA takes technical, contractual, administrative, and physical security steps to protect the personal data that you provide and we have implemented numerous security features to prevent the unauthorized release of or access to personal data. FPA INDIA restricts access to your personal data by our employees by only allowing it on an as-needed basis for the purpose of providing benefits, programs, products, or services to you. In addition, FPA INDIA employees are trained about the importance of confidentiality and maintaining the privacy and security of your personal data. While every effort is made to maintain the privacy and security of your personal data, our security practices, processes, or technology do not guarantee absolute security of your information. It is in your best interest to take all normal personal precautions as well. Examples of precautions you can take are, but are not limited to, not sharing passwords, closing browsers when not using them, and not using public networks (e.g., internet cafes, etc.).
FPA INDIA provides you with communications on educational products and services, networking opportunities, certification, industry research, and other topics related to our mission. You can manage your communication preferences by visiting your myFPA INDIA account and maintaining the settings on our website(s). Members may opt-out of additional forms of communication used by FPA INDIA for secondary purposes or used by FPA INDIA to send any correspondence to the member, by contacting FPA INDIA as indicated below.